PERMIT LEASING?

A forum for people who are new to commercial fishing and for talking about the fundamental rules and regulations.
hollers87
Spammer?: No

PERMIT LEASING?

Post by hollers87 »

I am looking to lease out my power trolling permit for the summer. Just curious how much people generally lease them for? I'd assume the best way to do it would be by a percentage.. But home much do I ask for it... 10%-15%?? And if you go by percentage how can you be so sure that you're really getting ALL fish tickets from the leaser? Seems tricky. Also, how do you go about leasing a permit? Is it legal or do you have to do an under the table emergency medical transfer.
Hope someone has some answers for me :D
Thanks!
mydona
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: PERMIT LEASING?

Post by mydona »

From Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission 20 AAC 05.1740. Emergency transfers http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/foli ... y?firsthit
greenseas1

Post by greenseas1 »

I have sent you a private message , very interested in leasing your permit.
Brother Dave

Post by Brother Dave »

That link says for illness, disability or unavoidable hardship. That wouldn't seem to cover lots of situations where the permit holder just wants to least the permit because he doesn't plan to fish it. How is that covered?
mydona
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by mydona »

Sorry but it's not covered. If you can not fall into any of the above categories and you lease you'd be committing fraud. Not sure what the penalties are, lost of permit, demerit points, fine?? I had the chance to sell a permit with the written promise to sell it back to me the fallowing year but didn't. Some where I recall a reg that involves sales of permits back and forth between 2 people. good luck
Brother Dave

Post by Brother Dave »

That sucks...