Isolating Gurdies

A forum for people who are new to commercial fishing and for talking about the fundamental rules and regulations.
saltyfish
Spammer?: No

Isolating Gurdies

Post by saltyfish »

Isolating Gurdies
I am in the process of building a hay rack for fishing kings down in Oregon for the first time. I have heard/read a lot about isolating your gurdies to help control the voltage. How is the best way to do this? What kind of voltage should be in the water? Any advice for a newbie like me would be super helpful, thank you.
rookie
Spammer?: No

Re: Isolating Gurdies

Post by rookie »

thick plastic squares, make sure your boat is bonded check other posts on that subject. I like a black box to control my voltage but thats me. craig
SilverT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by SilverT »

Sorry the attached doesn't have more detail, but I have to run. I saw a few folks with setups as drawn and this might give you some ideas. Enjoy setting things up.

Lane
Attachments
GURDIE.jpg
(157.12 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

It is amazing all the good ideas shared on this site. New guys don't need to spend years hanging out at old trollers coffee c latches and bars in order to figure things out. But, then there is always a new wrinkle, like a better way to connect your wire to your leads.
IcySwan1

Post by IcySwan1 »

I have a troller that was hand built by a meticulous Canadian. He bonded everything on the boat and used the secret black box. The gurdies are bonded very similar to the fashion illustrated in a an earlier post. Does it work? I don't know, but I enjoy the liturgy of using it all.

Mike