Questions about Alaska?

A forum for people who are new to commercial fishing and for talking about the fundamental rules and regulations.
TomD
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Spammer?: No

Re: Questions about Alaska?

Post by TomD »

"Research" is going good and things are headed in the right direction.

I was trying to figure out a way or a word that would explain what I am looking for and I think I found it .

I want to be someones fishing apprentice (very interested in trolling). I want more then a "Summer job" .

Yea that about sums it up. :D

Well as always thank you everyone for all the information your willing to share with me. I continue to keep moving forward with everything so thank you all!
TomD
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by TomD »

Hey everyone !

I hope you are all doing well out there. Its getting to the time for me to head up ! I am really excited about this adventure for sure. I can't wait to learn and see everything first hand. It looks like I will getting on the train in California around the 29th of April. I will get up to Washington and get on the ferry around the 4th of May. I had picked a ferry trip that will allow me to stop in a few ports on the way to Sitka. I was thinking of going to ketchikan first, give a few days there looking for work and finding a place to camp and if I couldn't find anything hop on the ferry and head up to Juneau and do the same there before ending up in Sitka (it just sounded like a good route haha) between the 15th and 20th of May and hopefully I will get on a good boat with a good Captain/Crew and start this Journey.

I can't wait to meet a few of you this summer and I really want to thank all of you who have helped me with all the great info along the way. You guys/gals are great for sure! The advice you have bin willing to share has bin great and hopefully someday I get to return the favor myself.

Thank you everyone.

Tom Jr
saltyfish

Post by saltyfish »

Don't forget to get yourself a pair of Xtra-Tuf boots.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

Chuck is from the midwest.