What to wear?

A forum for people who are new to commercial fishing and for talking about the fundamental rules and regulations.
TomD
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Spammer?: No

What to wear?

Post by TomD »

Hey everyone ! As always thank you for everyone who's willing to share info with me . I was curious on what Gear as far as clothes I should buy before I head up north. So lets say I am working on a Salmon Trolling boat what kind of bib should I wear? How about jacket? I would like to be warm but also be comfortable .Is there brands I should stay away from? Should I get my own safety/survival gear? I know some company's offer gear but I would rather just be prepared and get everything I need before I head up there in the next couple of months. Well thank you everyone .
Tom D
RoverCranker

Re: What to wear?

Post by RoverCranker »

first things first 'Xtra Tuff' boots That's the one article of clothing you don't want to forget.
TomD
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by TomD »

RoverCranker wrote:first things first 'Xtra Tuff' boots That's the one article of clothing you don't want to forget.
Ok thank you . Something non-slip ,knee high? Steel toe? Any advice on brands to look for? Or ones NOT to get?
Jackson Combs

Post by Jackson Combs »

TomD wrote:
RoverCranker wrote:first things first 'Xtra Tuff' boots That's the one article of clothing you don't want to forget.
Ok thank you . Something non-slip ,knee high? Steel toe? Any advice on brands to look for? Or ones NOT to get?

Xtratuff brand. 16" high. non-steel toed.
Jackson
mydona
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by mydona »

a quick search for "wear" and I found this link http://www.salmontrolling.com/viewtopic ... hilit=wear. You might try a few other key words for more past topics.