Vashon Pocket Troller

A forum for people who are new to commercial fishing and for talking about the fundamental rules and regulations.
Kelper
Spammer?: No

Vashon Pocket Troller

Post by Kelper »

Curious what you fellas think about this boat? I'm pretty sure I fished next to one on the outer coast of POW last year. Little boat out of Wrangell. He was lighting the cohos up in it. This boat looks like it'd be a fun little HT pocket troller if it got rigged back up. I'm not in a position to buy at the moment, but the seller said he'd tow it up to Seattle and put it on the barge, and seemed open to all offers if anybody is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/24-Vasho ... 0705409381
jlc3

Re: Vashon Pocket Troller

Post by jlc3 »

I am the guy you saw last season. Had my pocket troller since 1989 and have no plans for getting a bigger boat. It's perfect for handtrolling if you stay near a buyer. Only uses about 3 gallons per day of fuel, and is exempt from many CG requirements because of its size.
However, the boat you saw listed is not suitable for commercial fishing. In order to have more cabin space, they put the engine where the fish hold should be. It doesn't have a pit either. Would be a great cruiser though.
Supposedly they built over 50 of these boats before they went bankrupt, so you may come across one that is set up for its original purpose...
Kelper

Post by Kelper »

Thanks for that info. I found one here in Craig to look at, and you are absolutely correct about needing the hold. Nice little boats though!
treetruck

Post by treetruck »

Hello, I have a Vashon pocker Trawler that has the engine down in the house so there is a fish hold on the back deck if any body is interested in it.
TC92
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Location: Puget Sound born and raised… currently land locked in Iowa

Post by TC92 »

Treetruck,
I am interested. I sent you a PM with my contact info.

-Travis
TC92
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Location: Puget Sound born and raised… currently land locked in Iowa

Post by TC92 »

JLC3- I purchased the Vashon that Treetruck posted. Would you be interested in posting pictures of how you have yours set up for trolling? I would love to get some ideas. Thanks.

-TC