not floating tips?

A forum for people who are new to commercial fishing and for talking about the fundamental rules and regulations.
kylejon
Spammer?: No

not floating tips?

Post by kylejon »

i notice some people dont float their tips and fish 2 lines off each side. i was thinking of trying this but dont want to end up with a mess. whats a good weight combo? i have 60lb main. would 25lb and 60lb not cross fishing same depth?i use 2 fath leaders. any comments likes dislikes would help.
mydona
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: not floating tips?

Post by mydona »

I know 1 other that does this and uses 60#s and 40#s without bow poles. His trick is he uses the shear boards that were mentioned in a earlier post but he attaches them to the top of the wire instead of at the lead so he can swing the tips (40' + - poles) out past the heavies after getting his 1.5 fm spreads snapped on. His are home made and took a lot of fine tuning and can still cross wire in turns and speed of the boat is critical. As in the earlier post, size doesn't make a better shear board. Also the picking of the wire in order is a must too. You have to pick the heavy 1st so fish aren't dragging it far enough back to tangle the tips. Good luck
kylejon

Re: not floating tips?

Post by kylejon »

thanks! it sounds like i better stick with what im doing.