Looking to learn

A forum for people who are new to commercial fishing and for talking about the fundamental rules and regulations.
Woodenboater
Spammer?: No

Looking to learn

Post by Woodenboater »

Hi all,

My name is Greg, I own a PC Dory that was once a salmon troller, I plan on converting it back to a salmon troller and fish it in 2013. I'm hoping I can find a few people who are willing to take me out for a trip or two this summer to learn the ropes. I'm a Paramedic, used to long hours, hold a Master's license and have my own raingear and survival suit. The best part is that I'll work for free, just for the experience and help in getting started.

I'm available for day and overnight trips, Oregon and Washington.

Feel free to PM if you'd be willing to help a guy out, and thank you!

Greg
Woodenboater

Re: Looking to learn

Post by Woodenboater »

A big thanks to Lane (SilverT) for taking me out last weekend and showing me the ropes. Fishing wasn't great, but I learned a lot and am ready to put my boat together and give it a shot next summer.

Thanks Lane!

Greg
Roadgunner

Re: Looking to learn

Post by Roadgunner »

Thats pretty awesome! I have been looking into getting a boat in the water and it looks like it may happen for the 2013 season. I may have to hit you or some of the fellas up for a teach me trip in the future. I grew up salmon trolling for sport but havent been on a commercial salmon trip yet. Good luck in the coming season...