Source of lead in California?

A forum for people who are new to commercial fishing and for talking about the fundamental rules and regulations.
thediverdude
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Spammer?: No

Source of lead in California?

Post by thediverdude »

Anyone have a idea where I could buy bulk lead in California. I have tried metal recyclers and they don't sell to the public. Lead is concidered hazardous material. I have had limited success on craigslist. Not the quantity/quality I am looking for, also they want gold prices. I have placed ads on craigslist, with no results. I have several molds and would like 4-5 hundred pounds of clean lead. I live in Sacramento and fish out of Fort Bragg. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Johnnyt707

Re: Source of lead in California?

Post by Johnnyt707 »

if you find a source let me know i have been looking as well not as easy as it used to be to find. thanks i will let you know if i find something i fish out of bodega bay
Hans2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Hans2 »

What are they getting for lead down there?
thediverdude
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by thediverdude »

On craigslist usually a dollar per pound. I once got it from a recycler for 50 cents per pound and I got spoiled. Unfortunately that source dried up.
mydona
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by mydona »

find an old Monteray Clipper sail boat and scrape the keel?
Hans2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Hans2 »

Yeah, it's about $1.00/ # up here as well. Looking at a bulk buy at $.90, but I gotta buy the whole damn lot of it (about 2200#). It was the shielding from an MRI machine, if that gives you any fresh ideas of where to find the stuff.