Slush tank capacities

A forum for people who are new to commercial fishing and for talking about the fundamental rules and regulations.
kjwelder
Spammer?: No

Re: Slush tank capacities

Post by kjwelder »

In my expirience (3 boats of my own plus abou6 six of my customers) he most economical way go set up a hold to slush is with slush bags. Sometimes these bags are called "liners, bladders, inserts"
Basically a waterproof bag that the mesh slush bags are hung in.
Nomar, seattle tarp co, and skookum all make them.... goole those companies for contact info.
You can hang bags and lift bags full of fish in any hold bin that has one open side to the slaughter bin. In other word most traditional commercial trolling holds have 9 bins in 3 rows of 3 binns like a #. So if you have a hatch cover in the middlespace of the fish hold you can lift bags out of the forward center, all 3 middle and the rear center bins.
If you want to cut your decks up and have more capacity with more hatch covers then that is a big project.that is usually worth the time and money
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Slush tank capacities

Post by Salty »

"If you want to cut your decks up and have more capacity with more hatch covers then that is a big project.that is usually worth the time and money."

That is what I did. Always been happy I went this route.