Took the Plunge

A forum for people who are new to commercial fishing and for talking about the fundamental rules and regulations.
joeman79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Spammer?: No

Took the Plunge

Post by joeman79 »

Well after 4 years of dreaming about it I did went and did it!! I bought a Troller and am in the process of obtaining a EMT Lease Permit!! Hope to meet many of you this summer, I will be the Tall and Bald guy on the F/V Myrth.
The boat needs some work on the transom but will make it another year or two. I am going to try and get David Able in Elfin Cove to do the work, have heard he is the man to talk too.
Just thought I would share my excitement with the great group of people on this Forum.
akfish1

Re: Took the Plunge

Post by akfish1 »

Awesome Joe !! After looking through the pics and posts I definitely recognized you from this summer. I pulled into Elfin the day before the opener and you were there and made a space for me to dock. I had my dad, brother and one of my kids with me. Thats just awesome I bet you are super excited and nervous at the same time. Hope to see you out there this summer !
joeman79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by joeman79 »

Thanks I remember the day but can not remember the name of your boat. But I will be fishing up there somewhere from Homeshore to Cross Sound starting in early June. Hope to meet you also. And You are correct I am excited and nervous.
akfish1

Post by akfish1 »

HaHa yeah I still feel the same way after one full year. I have the Princess Pat III wood boat.
joeman79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by joeman79 »

Never forget that boat it is Gorgeous!! Someday I would love to own a boat that nice.
akfish1

Post by akfish1 »

Thanks Joe! So are you gonna give it a go all year or wait till July?
joeman79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by joeman79 »

Till mid August if all goes well. I am suppose to go on our annual fishing trip to Canada with a big group of guys on Aug 1st. So depending on how I have done and how the fishing is I may ruffle some feathers and not go, but they will understand. I am the one that has set up and organized the trip the past 6 years or so, and the main cook. Hopefully after this summer I will be able to stay thru August and if I can sell my store I will be there till the end of the season.