Pacific Trollers Fund

A forum for people who are new to commercial fishing and for talking about the fundamental rules and regulations.
InTwoDeep
Spammer?: No

Pacific Trollers Fund

Post by InTwoDeep »

HI I am trying to join the Pacific trollers fund to get boat insurance. They sent me a list of all the members, I am looking for 6 people to finish my paperwork. If I can use you for one of my 6 people, please post your name or PM me if you can please. My name is Tom Edwards and I now own and run the Cameo. I will see you out on the grounds. Thank you to all that can help. Tom
kjwelder
Spammer?: No

Re: Pacific Trollers Fund

Post by kjwelder »

Hey Tom,
I'm currently serving on the PTF board but the following opinions are my own and are not representative of PTF's official position. That said here's some info that might be helpful.
The PTF board looks at an applicant's fishing history, years of experience, and other considerations in addition to the minimum 6 references. More than 6 references helps. The value of the boat, safety requirements and other info from the vessels survey is also considered by the Board when they are deciding whether or not to accept an applicant. When someone is accepted into the pool it is like co-signing a loan.
My point here is that most references come from building long-term professional relationships on boats, around the docks and haulouts or grid, and on the fishing grounds. It probably won't go over well on your application if a reference says they know you from the internet forum.
Good luck and feel free to stop by and introduce yourself.
Karl