New to Handtrolling have many questions

A forum for people who are new to commercial fishing and for talking about the fundamental rules and regulations.
Cujo
Spammer?: No

New to Handtrolling have many questions

Post by Cujo »

First off hello all,

Most of my questions are goint to be about length of the spreads and so forth.

1. I hear lots of different versions of fishing without a snubber and with one, I hear only snubbers for kings and cohos. Everything else no snubber.

2. Can you Use the green trident line in front of the flasher for all the different salmon species, or should it be mono for all of them? I have heard
that you just use the trident line for the chums, so would trident line work for the other salmon as well?

3. How long should the lines in front of the flashers be for the different species of salmon

4. Also how long should the lines behind the flasher be for the different species of salmon
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: New to Handtrolling have many questions

Post by Salty »

My highline hand troll friend just took my advice (a rare occur for anything or anyone) and bought a power permit and two single spool power gurdies. Repeatedly cranking line loads of coho from 37 fathoms finally turned him.
Brother Dave

Post by Brother Dave »

I just started HT and recommend you do what I did:
-search and scour a lot of posts here
-buy some gear based on what you read here, and go try it
Cujo

Post by Cujo »

Thanks for the info guys, im not rich enough for p troll yet, gotta work up to that from the bottom. Any good spots to fish dogs in sitka if so what kinda depth should I be
fishing them. and whats good spread for gear.