newbies project

Post photos or movies of trollers, fish, scenery, whatever you've got related to trolling.
KimberlyAnn
Spammer?: No

newbies project

Post by KimberlyAnn »

This is my project as it is now ,built in 1965 to navy spec's 3-53 currently getting ready to over haul the engine and trans ,all the planks are white cedar on steam bent oak and copper riveted for the fastners, its worth putting the money into since i only paid $400 , the last pic is of it about 8 years ago i think.
Attachments
troller.jpg
troller.jpg (77.51 KiB) Viewed 13015 times
DSC01493.JPG
DSC01491.JPG
KimberlyAnn

Re: newbies project

Post by KimberlyAnn »

Opps i gues the first pic is of it years ago. :oops:
SilverT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by SilverT »

Looks like a fun project! Gotta say I love the name of the boat ;) .

Lane
KimberlyAnn

Post by KimberlyAnn »

thats not its origanal doccumented name which was MarBritt ,I plane on changing the name to Little Husky due to the fact for its size it is built realy husky and i am going to paint it white,black and grey like the siberan husky's :)
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Looks like the West end of the Westport harbor? IS that were she is at?
KimberlyAnn

Post by KimberlyAnn »

yea shes down across from the charters.
KimberlyAnn

Post by KimberlyAnn »

Well it looks like my dreams of being a commercial fisherman is dead , my finacial partner that i had to build back this troller has bailed out on me and left me with no way of compleating it , i am unable to aquire any loans so it looks like i will have to sell it , the engine and trans are out of it , the engine is tore down ,cleaned , repainted and with a few new parts is ready to go back together , it has an overhaule kit with it including one for the trans , i hope i can find someone to buy it so it dont end up going to scrap :cry:
SilverT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by SilverT »

Your dreams of being a commercial fisherman are only dead if you want them to be. You are obviously a fisherman at heart. Based on Christ's selection of his disciples, one would tend to think He placed the desire to fish in their hearts . In fact, He didn't dismiss the desire to fish, but acknowledged it by saying, "Come, and I will make you fishers of men." Soon after Christ's death, Peter went back to fishing and according to Peter's desires, Jesus again filled his nets with fish after he had fished all night without catching anything. After Christ reminded him of who was in control of his catch, He reminded Peter of the work He had asked him to do.

I like that because it shows God cares about your dreams and probably placed some of those in your heart. You have already tasted some of what it's like to be a commercial fisherman with this experience. It is very possible that something better awaits pending the sale of this particular vessel. I saw the boat and it looked like a fun project and sounded like you were enjoying it. Now you have some experience, know a lot more about the industry, have some contacts and can perhaps move forward in a way that you had not anticipated. Perhaps this boat would be better suited to someone else. You're in a much better place to make good fishing decisions now than you were two years ago. It's hard not to get discouraged, take every lesson you learned, use them to your advantage and move on. And when or if you become that successful commercial fisherman, don't forget who's in control of your catch.

Hoping good things for you,

Lane
KimberlyAnn

Post by KimberlyAnn »

Thank you lane , i would'nt be giving up on this boat if i could find a new partner but i have no idea how to find a new one :? the boat has some uniqe things about it like a bronze cap on the bow stem , a metal diaganel strips from the keel to the gunnels on each side in the frames and the planks are copper riveted , plus its made of very rare white cedar on bent oak , it break's my heart to see cool old boat's die a slow death :( but mabey some one who wants to get into trolling on the cheap will come along and would be willing to have a partnership before i get it sold , i am dragging my feet on this so who knows.
winterking

Post by winterking »

Silver T, Really enjoyed your comment and just had to say so, very insightful and interesting. Iv'e always enjoyed the fact that the Lord chose fishermen to do his work. Another story that you'll appreciate is when Jesus and Peter was going into temple they had to pay a tax, peter expressed an opinion that was incorrect for which he was mildly rebuked but then Jesus told him to go "fishing" and the coin would be in the fishes mouth. I'd take correction like that any time!

Tom
winterking

Post by winterking »

I have been on here before although not much, forgot my old user name and password so that looks like my first post
cheers Tom
winterking

Post by winterking »

Hope things work out for you Kimberly Ann
SilverT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by SilverT »

Thanks Tom, I had never pondered that, other than to think that He wasn't partial to netters :) Very cool. KimberlyAnn - I saw your advertisement and am glad to see you're still looking at options. Nice to see your getting some feedback.

Take care,

Lane
KimberlyAnn

Post by KimberlyAnn »

Thanks , i figured this would be the best place to try . :D