Anyone know of paintings of trollers?

Post photos or movies of trollers, fish, scenery, whatever you've got related to trolling.
bearhair
Spammer?: No

Anyone know of paintings of trollers?

Post by bearhair »

I'm not much into art but my parents have a couple paintings of troller/gillnetter combo boats in action but with their nets set. I've been searching but can't seem to find any paintings of trollers in action. Anyone know of any painters who specialize in west coast fishing paintings?

Thanks
Brother Dave

Re: Anyone know of paintings of trollers?

Post by Brother Dave »

When I deckhanded on a friend's troller several years ago I met a girl on the docks in Pberg who did boat pantings. Her name is Amy Zidulka and if you google her name you can find contact info. She may be able to point you in the right direction for what you're looking for...
ata
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by ata »

While I haven't seen too many pics of trollers actually working, there are a lot of wonderful AK boat artists. Amy is great and Brenda Schwartz in Wrangell is known for her boat paintings on charts - she does custom work and is also searchable online.

Dale
ATA
bearhair

Post by bearhair »

Thanks for the info guys. Another name I've found is Eric Nevatie.
Chalkie
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Chalkie »

My wife is an artist, and she spends summers working with me on our troller. She's done a few boat paintings; you can see some of her work at http://www.beelinesfineart.com/
ambition

Post by ambition »

Keith Greeba has done paintings of boats working. He even did one of my old boat the Dixie II while trolling. Not sure if he has a web site or anything but his artwork can be found in some of the galleries around Sitka.
Housephone

Post by Housephone »

My uncle does paintings of Trollers, waterfront scenes, wildlife, etc.. Some are available for viewing at Scanlons in Ketchikan, also at an art store in Petersburg. He also does custom paintings from pictures. His work is excellent. He was a commercial fisherman for years in ak. Does not do email to my knowledge. Let me know if you are interested & I will hook you up w him.

Joe