Abundance 2013

Post photos or movies of trollers, fish, scenery, whatever you've got related to trolling.
Abundance
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Spammer?: No

Abundance 2013

Post by Abundance »

Well, six months of work is nearly over. I have done about all of the boatwork that I can do for the season. Last years funds are nearly gone, and the torment of watching other people drag fish up the dock is getting to much to handle. I feel the need after a half years nearly daily labor to share some of my accomplishments thus far.
A new aluminum trolling cockpit
I know the lettering isnt straight. If you are close enough to tell, you are running over my floatbags
I know the lettering isnt straight. If you are close enough to tell, you are running over my floatbags
Fresh paint on the cabin
DSCN0406.JPG
Masts
You do not want to do this. Dangling 70 feet off of the ground from a crane with roller for 10 hours is going to either cause or remove a fear a fear of hights
You do not want to do this. Dangling 70 feet off of the ground from a crane with roller for 10 hours is going to either cause or remove a fear a fear of hights
And hull
DSCN0407.JPG
An all new and remodeled pilot house interior
DSCN0408.JPG
Making all of that trim takes forever when you start out with a big spruce tree
Making all of that trim takes forever when you start out with a big spruce tree
That's the maximum for this post, more in a second....
Garrett Hagen, F/V Abundance
Abundance
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Abundance 2013

Post by Abundance »

A revarnished and recushioned Settee
DSCN0410.JPG
Completely new hot and cold water pipes and faucets in the galley
DSCN0411.JPG
I revarnished the three staterooms
I cleaned up the trash and made the beds a bit later, honest.
I cleaned up the trash and made the beds a bit later, honest.
DSCN0415.JPG
And both bathrooms
DSCN0416.JPG
HPIM2153.JPG
Abundance
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Abundance »

And I got most of the trash out and got pretty well squared away both of the work rooms on either side of the engine room.
DSCN0420.JPG[/attachment [attachment=0]DSCN0421.JPG
My engine room remains a greasy mess, so I decided against taking pictures to expose my shame. The only thing that I have left to do before charging off into the sunset is get the boat pulled out and the zincs and bottom paint taken care of. I hope that I never have to take six months off of fishing again. The one month off I mormally schedule for boat work usually makes me miserable enough.
Attachments
DSCN0421.JPG
DSCN0420.JPG
Thorne Isl.
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Thorne Isl. »

You really have been busy and the boat looks great!
Kelper

Post by Kelper »

wow, that looks great Garrett.
akfisher1978

Post by akfisher1978 »

Beautiful Boat!!!!! Hopefully I will get to see it out there this summer! Has a ton of room that is awesome!
Abundance
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Abundance »

Thanks for the kind words. She was built to be a passenger vessel I believe, so I have a lot more living area than I need. Both the previous owner and myself have seriously considered gutting the forward staterooms to make a fish hold, but neither of us have had the heart to rip up such good work. I guess that totes on deck will have to do. I built this new trolling cockpit too low to the water, I think. I have grating welded into the bottom for water to come in and out, but I will need some high boots if I am going to fish it in any kind of seas. I should have built it at an angle, like a traditional boat stern. New ideas for next winter. I am not fooling with it anymore this season.
joeman79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by joeman79 »

Man that looks Awesome Garrett!! Hope I get to come up this summer and troll Neets for a few weeks and see it up close. Your galley and settee looks more like a hotel and resturant than a troller. You have a great looking rig!!! Best of Luck this season.
Joe
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

Garrett,
Look out, next time we are anchored nearby I am going to paddle over and enjoy some high class dining and woodwork. All I did was clean and sell fishing gear all winter. Plus a little fishery politics.
Drew

Post by Drew »

I got a tour of the Abundance a few weeks ago. There's room to serve dinner for about 10 in there.

Looking good Garrett!
Abundance
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Abundance »

She was actually built to room and dine nine people. The most that I have ever had in her at once was seven, taking her on a cruise to Juneau and back last spring. The guy before me raised something like six or seven kinds in there, shrimping and halibut fishing. She really isn't much of a fishing boat, but she makes life comfortable and relaxing for year round fishing. I have the sails and someday, maybe next spring, I will see about getting them up. I would be very interested in seeing how much fuel that would save.
SilverT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by SilverT »

That looks amazingly comfortable. Hope to see it in person some day. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures.

Lane