Trolling on a slow day?

Post photos or movies of trollers, fish, scenery, whatever you've got related to trolling.
Hotspott

Trolling on a slow day?

Post by Hotspott »

Hotspott

Re: Trolling on a slow day?

Post by Hotspott »

Anyhbody know where this might be?
JYDPDX
Spammer?: No

Post by JYDPDX »

Yeah. On the Island Star.
Hotspott

Post by Hotspott »

I was wondering where the fishing is taking place...I don't recognize the location.
island star

Post by island star »

That was a slow day for how John my skipper fishes. That was the 2nd king opener in 2005 just outside Table Bay
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

What is this? An example of how not to be safe and how not to land quality salmon? Who trained or didn't train this guy?
Not to pick on anyone but I have whined repeatedly on this site about watching trollers throw salmon over their shoulders while still alive onto a hard deck. This is a perfect example of what I am talking about.
Didn't someone ever mention the hazards of wrapping mono around your wrist? How safe is it with the lead hanging and swinging from the gurdie with the gurdie handle directly under the swinging fish with the leader still attached?
The last serious injury on my boat was 18 years ago when my oldest son, Kris, who was 12 at the time ran a hook through his thumb. I can't even imagine how many injuries we might have had if we threw kings backward over our shoulders, wrapped leaders around our wrists, and landed fish on the lead spoon with the lead swinging and the leader still attached.
We will be lucky if videos like this don't lead to a whole lot of OSHA inspections and new rules.

I sure hope this guy doesn't sell his fish to the same processor I do.

On the other hand those are sure nice fish and several on one line is always a treat.