This is weird

Post photos or movies of trollers, fish, scenery, whatever you've got related to trolling.
gumpucky

This is weird

Post by gumpucky »

P1080196.JPG
Found this floating near shore in Salsbury last night.The pointy things are some kinda flukes.Sorry about the quality of the pic but was late and could'nt get any closer for the shot,digital zoom needs a pretty stable base for clearer shot and better light too,was in 1 1/2 fath.at this point with the wind blowing me onshore.The part above the water was about the size of an old fashioned wash tub,pretty good size.Does anybody have a clue what this is???What caught my eye was an eagle sitting on it while taking bites out of it.
yak2you2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: This is weird

Post by yak2you2 »

Ok, i'll take a stab at it. My guess is, a skate that washed up on the beach, bleached out, and had the wings curl up a bit, then floated back off of the beach?? It's hard to tell, from the pic. it looks white, was that the case? or just the way the light is hitting it? Or a bloated, rotted out sealion maybe, can't think of anything else that fits the size description, unless there's more hanging down under the water. Baby beluga maybe?
tomic

Post by tomic »

Thats my cowboy hat!
spencer

Post by spencer »

probably a giant squid
gumpucky

Post by gumpucky »

Is that you Looney???