A decent day in march 08'

Post photos or movies of trollers, fish, scenery, whatever you've got related to trolling.
yak2you2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A decent day in march 08'

Post by yak2you2 »

A 46 lb and 43 lb king taken March 03, 2008

16 Kings caught March 03, 2008 Total weight; 319 Lbs. price; 9.75 per lb.

Bill M

Re: A decent day in march 08'

Post by Bill M »

wow very nice!
Ocean Harvester

Post by Ocean Harvester »

yak,

Was this an above average winter, catch wise for you? Do you regularly see this many winter Kings in the Bay?

Thanks
yak2you2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by yak2you2 »

over all our winter catch rate was down below average this year.. same as it was everywhere else. i had about an average year, for me. Catches vary subsantially according to what the date is... same as it is everywhere else. Winters are long, and there is always alot of days spent looking. March can be hot some years though... same as it is,, everywhere else. 16 is good but not an uncommon number for March, I've had more before, and less. What has been making it lately is the price! 9.75 was my top. That, and I had some real whoppers this year. Is there a huge, undiscovered, Klondike up here?, sorry,, I'd have to say no. There's a handful of the same ole' hardcores that grind out the same old holes, year after year. I honestly believe that if you added 10 good winter king fisherman who knew what they were doing to the local fleet, you would simply just see the per capita catch go down, rather than the overall catch go up. It's a small place, and simply can't hold that much feed, or feeders through out most of the winter. In the late spring, if we get some good weather, we can do well on the outer bar, but it's still nothing like the big catches from southeast.
yak2you2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by yak2you2 »

The blood in this picture came from the transferring of fish from one Trayco to another. Both tubs were bloody because it was first of March, the main fish plant had just opened and had no water. the blood wasn't mine.
Tsiuseaweed

Post by Tsiuseaweed »

BTW, Nice catch!
yak2you2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by yak2you2 »

Here is how half of them looked in one of my tubs in the back of my truck. Notice, no blood. ;)

Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

I just love the purple in those kings.