Calling All Shutterbugs

Post photos or movies of trollers, fish, scenery, whatever you've got related to trolling.
ata
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Calling All Shutterbugs

Post by ata »

Hi All:

As usual, I'm in the market for pictures of trolling, trolling families, clean boats and fish, and SE and/or Alaska on the water and waterfront shots. Most of you know, I don't pay well for such things... a credit (and sense of well-being for helping the cause=) is usually the best ATA can offer.

BUT, if some of you are interested in getting your pictures published for cash, there just might be an option.

While you're on the grounds this summer, make sure to shoot your photos at the best level your camera allows. Yes, this means less picture storage ability between downloads, but the good news is that if you get a premium shot it just might be worthy of a Pacific Fishing magazine cover shot and earn you $100. If you have good surplus photos, please remember ATA.

Note that the pictures that have been put on this website are not the quality needed for cover photos.

So - sort through your collections and/or shoot new VERTICAL format, high quality photos (300 dpi), and contact Pacific Fishing when you have some shots that you think have potential - or with any other questions: http://www.pacificfishing.com/contact.html

It's not your face on the cover of Rolling Stone, but a fun opportunity all the same.=)

Cheese!

Dale, ATA
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Calling All Shutterbugs

Post by Salty »

Dale,
I gave Pacific Fishing first crack at a bunch of my photos. None interested them. But, Fisherman's News chose one for a cover in February. Needs to be a good photo to make the Pacific Fishing grade.
ata
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by ata »

Hi Eric:

Yes, they have a high-test glossy cover and basically a roughly 8x11 format, so the two most important things is the 300dpi and vertical format. I suspect, if you shoot at the highest quality your camera will go and take a few pictures of the proper format, you'll probably hit on a winner sometime. Please keep trying. You have a nice eye.=)

Cheers!

dk
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

Thanks Dale! Took about 500 pictures this April. I like about 20. I really like about five. Will post some here when I get the time. Sanded and oiled the rails today. What a day here!!

Eric