Commercial Salmon Trolling Forum

spam nonsense

News & changes to the site. Give your feedback or ask questions about the site here.

spam nonsense

Postby lone eagle » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:51 am

I used to visit troller message boards in Oregon and California . They were ruined, in my belief, by spammers, viruses and salespitches. It would be a great shame to lose this site the same way but it's getting alittle out of hand. That's all.
lone eagle

Re: spam nonsense

Postby joeman79 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Seems like there could be some type of site management tool to eliminate or at delete that crap off here. But who knows. I always worry about clicking on it and getting a virus.
But I love this site, and hope it stays up for years to come.
joeman79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: spam nonsense

Postby mydona » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:53 am

I agree! I have never tried the Friend or Foe option on this site until a few weeks ago. Now I have 5 within the last 6 wks. I figured that all that posted were either a friend or a potential/ future friend. I think that only a moderator has the ability to restrict access of someone to this site. When you click on a dam spam's name you will be taken to their profile page, (not their post or links, I worry about viruses too) and you get the option to list them as a "Foe" The problem with that is that you'll still see the spam name on the index page, but the body of the post will be blocked. The other problem I see is when one of us responds to a spammer to say something it will bring the crap back to the top of the lists. Guess I'm saying is the best thing to do is ignore them
mydona
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Return to Site News & Suggestions