Did I just...

News & changes to the site. Give your feedback or ask questions about the site here.
Once and Future
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did I just...

Post by Once and Future »

Did I just lose a long post because I forgot to hit "submit" after preview? Argghhh! I'll wait a bit to see if it shows up somewhere unexpected, but I think I did. And it was a lot of effort. An "autosave" feature would have saved me more than once, but I am not really complaining because Jon has done so much for us for so little anyway.

And while I'm thinking about it, congrats and thank you for getting rid of the spammers.
Jon
Spammer?: No

Re: Did I just...

Post by Jon »

Unfortunately phpbb doesn't have an autosave feature, nor a modification to supply one (I've looked into it a few times).

Regarding the spammers, this bulletin board has a feature where users can 'Report Posts' to notify the moderators of spam. When that is used, all moderators get notified and can remove the spammer quickly.
JYDPDX
Spammer?: No

Re: Did I just...

Post by JYDPDX »

If your internet connection is questionable or you are typing a long post, it may be more effective to construct your post in a word processing program like MS Word or TextEdit. Then copy and paste it into the browser.