salmon consumption

Discussion area for political and legal issues affecting Alaskan salmon fisheries.
yak2you2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

salmon consumption

Post by yak2you2 »

Interesting article from Laine Weich says that, " statistics show that Americans tend to eat more salmon when the Republicans are in the White House".....
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: salmon consumption

Post by Salty »

I had to take statistics in college. One of the things they try to teach you is how to make reasonable sense out of statistics. A good example of a worthless statistic might be that the American League wins the World Series more often during Republican presidencies.

Or are you making the case that Alaskan fishermen, in spite of all the other good reasons to the contrary, should vote for a Republican President because Americans might eat more salmon? Sounds more plausible than most of the reasons I hear for voting Republican.
yak2you2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: salmon consumption

Post by yak2you2 »

I am a registered independent, who can't stand either of the 2 bickering parties that we currently have. Republican, or Democrat, their both beholding the powers that put them where they are, in my view. I wish we had a party that represented the common man like myself, instead of big corporations, or environmental institutions.
So , the answer is no, I wasn't making a case for anything, just shining light on an amusing factoid.