This'll curdle your milk

Discussion area for political and legal issues affecting Alaskan salmon fisheries.
Once and Future
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This'll curdle your milk

Post by Once and Future »

I have found the enemy... and it ain't us! Be next to somebody who can defend themselves when you read this article, because you're going to want to punch somebody:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/08599204724500

It starts out about wild oyster beds going extinct, but he takes a swipe at wild salmon fisherman as well. Says something about "small scale fisherman not caring about the big picture". The kindest thing I can say about this f***head is that he has been brainwashed by the aquaculture industry.

And once my blood is already boiling, I happen to turn on a show about the great lakes. And a sporty on there is saying the fish stocks have collapsed primarily due to overfishing by commercial fisherman. And his VERY NEXT sentence is that commercial fishing has been prohibited on the lake in question for 15 years, but the stocks still haven't recovered. I turned the TV off before he could offer his next cockamamie explanation about how it was everybody's fault but his.

Why is it that people with the shrillest voices are considered the biggest experts? What does everyone else do when these jackasses have you ready to tear your hair out?

I was at the Katmai bear preserve once, and the sorrowful park ranger was educating all us tourists on how the salmon run there was in peril because "the commercial industry now has enough capacity to net the entire run of Bristol Bay salmon".

I can't believe commercial fishing has persisted this long. But I am losing my patience to respond rationally.
talisman
Spammer?: No

Re: This'll curdle your milk

Post by talisman »

Most of this drool comes from the CCA play book.