CTA

Discussion area for political and legal issues affecting Alaskan salmon fisheries.
itchyscratchy
Spammer?: No

CTA

Post by itchyscratchy »

After reading thru most of the posts on the CTA thread, and talking with several people in the “know” around town, I’ve got a few questions and wondered if anyone within the CTA has an answer.

1) How many members does the CTA currently have?

2) Several posts on the board have directly talked to the issues of pink and chum handling and care. I think posting fish handling guidelines is great idea and if the board posting can change how Trollers handle their fishing, job well done. With that said, how long does it take for an average pink or average chum to cool to the desired 34 degrees? ( For arguments sake, using a standard 30 by 30 by 40 brailer bag with properly mixed slush and half full bag)

3) I’ve been thinkin bout becoming a member of the CTA, but wondered if they had a mission statement…if so, where can I find it ? (I’d like to know what direction this organization is pointed and how finely their cross hairs are focused on the target) Also, do they take hillbilly’s?

4) Finally, DIPAC’s annual meeting is being held Dec 3rd in Juneau. I’ve noticed the CTA is on the schedule. From what little I understand, CTA is trying to solicit funds from DIPAC to help open the Amalga Harbor THA for trolling. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance.
kjwelder

Re: CTA

Post by kjwelder »

I am posting this as an individual.

The mission of the Chum Trollers Association is "To Promote and Improve Alaskan Chum Salmon Harvest For All Trollers".

1. I have never timed how long it takes to get down to temp. We do know that if you don't get the pinks into the slush within 15 minutes they start going soft.
2. Send me a private message and I will e-mail you my copies of CTA newsletters which will answer your question about the groups membership, membership requirements, immediate and longer term goals.
3. CTA Chair, Linda Danner, will be speaking to the DIPAC board about chum troll proposals to the Alaska Board of Fisheries. Proposal numbers 325 and 326.
4. CTA is not soliciting funds from anyone unless you count membership dues. DIPAC is not a member.
5. There is no BOF proposal to troll in Amalga Harbor.
kjwelder

Re: CTA

Post by kjwelder »

OOPs,
I am on my son's computer. Previous post by "Salty".