LT Governor fails to sign BOF regs. in Timely matter

Discussion area for political and legal issues affecting Alaskan salmon fisheries.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LT Governor fails to sign BOF regs. in Timely matter

Post by Salty »

I recently learned that salmon proposals adopted by the Board of Fisheries in March will not go into effect this year due to failure by the Lt. Governor to sign them in a timely fashion. Apparently he has not got around to any of the new salmon regulations. An official in the ADF&G told me this delay was "unprecedented". Could some fisherman explain why this administration has failed to ratify BOF actions in a timely matter?
This delay will likely cost the troll fleet hundreds of thousands of dollars. How is that good for Alaska?
yak2you2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: LT Governor fails to sign BOF regs. in Timely matter

Post by yak2you2 »

We need to figure out how to make noise about it as a body. It has cost us money, (didn't get out test fishery up here) as an example, the new chum regs., etc.
Even worse though, this is just lost wages. I'm affraid if we let it slide, it will turn into a habit. Then, maybe someday something super critical may wait to long, and something devasting could come of it.
Personally I take it as a slap in the face to everyone who worked so hard, and I plan on letting them know it.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

Thanks, Yak. I know it affected you and chum trollers most so far. I am so disgusted I probably wont go chum fishing this spring.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

I did not go chum trolling this spring!
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

I did not go chum trolling this spring!