Sportsman Act?

Discussion area for political and legal issues affecting Alaskan salmon fisheries.
fveureka
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Spammer?: No

Sportsman Act?

Post by fveureka »

Does anyone have any idea what Sen. Mark Begich, D-Alaska is proposing? I read a couple sentences on the fiscal cliff and something about him trying to push through a Sportsman Act bill?
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Sportsman Act?

Post by Salty »

There is a sportsman's act of 2012 sponsored by John Tester of Montana. From what little I know it is a good piece of legislation that benefits sportsmen, hunters and fishermen, and wildlife. Was held up last year because the Republican house of representatives member from Montana, who ran against Tester and lost, had a competing bill and the Republicans were not going to pass anything that might benefit Tester. Should be passed now but who knows, a lot of sour grapes making it difficult to get anything done.

While I have issues with Senator Begich, the SeaAlaska Corp. legislation being among them, I think he is on my side, as a hunter and fisherman, on this one.
fveureka
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Spammer?: No

Re: Sportsman Act?

Post by fveureka »

Thanks for the reply, Eric. I probably should worry more about the F&G board meetings and getting a check to Dale at ATA and less about the 30 thousand foot level stuff.