Making your ideas successful

Discussion area for political and legal issues affecting Alaskan salmon fisheries.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Making your ideas successful

Post by Salty »

In response to a comment in another thread I thought I would start this topic. Here is an article I just read today that is interesting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/20/opini ... ef=general
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Making your ideas successful

Post by Salty »

SilverT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Making your ideas successful

Post by SilverT »

I checked them both out. The article was good and the book looks great. I'll probably order a copy when I can afford one.

I woke up this morning to a text from a buddy that said, "Live this day like it's your last." :shock: I don't know if he's coming after me, but it changed the day quite a bit. Along that line I this might be an appropriate time and place to share one of my favorite quotes:

"The Man in the Arena"

Theodore Roosevelt
Speech at the Sorbonne
Paris, France
April 23, 1910

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

My thanks to those who work for the success of the industry,

Lane