SPC

Discussion area for political and legal issues affecting Alaskan salmon fisheries.
Carol W

SPC

Post by Carol W »

To date the coop is doing fine however the market stands a very good chance of being effected by the economy and it is still to early to tell. Financially we are in very good shape to manage the downturn in the economy and as long as other companies don't panic and sell their fish to cheap we should be fine. The one thing we have going for us is there were only a limited amount of Kings produced this year and we own a majority of them. And as far as coho is concerned we have filleted close to 90% of our production so the value should retain itself there.

Remember to vote for board members and also in general election.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: SPC

Post by Salty »

What percentage of our pack is still unsold?
yak2you2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by yak2you2 »

How come SPC won't accept fish shipped in from out of town? Or, how come they won't welcome new members unless they are either a power troller, or, have halibut IFQ's?
Not very encouraging to new, entry level fishermen. Not sure I understand the reasoning behind this. Not to be fecicious, but we're not golfers, and a fishermen's cooperative shouldn't be ran like a country club.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

I just visited with SPC chairman of the board, Charles Wilber, for about an hour on Monday. I did not realize SPC was not accepting handtrollers etc. He is a great guy to talk to, give him a call. 747-5819 but I think he is down at the SPC annual meeting in Bellingham this week.