Xtratuffs go overseas

A place for users to chat about non-fishing topics. No political or religious posts are allowed.
Once and Future
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Xtratuffs go overseas

Post by Once and Future »

Doesn't affect trollers so much, but the store told me Xtratuffs will now be imported. Remaining inventory last chance to buy American. It will be easy for me to stop buying them now since I don't really need them.

That sad news is somewhat offset by an article I see that LL Bean still makes some winter boots in Maine and they are adding staff because they are popular footwear on college campuses.

Not a very useful Alaska boot, but I am glad the younger generation appears to give a damn. And I'm glad there is one company that still lets them have the option.
bonkngaff
Spammer?: No

Re: Xtratuffs go overseas

Post by bonkngaff »

there crap now anyway. use to get a year out of them, now its about 2 pair a year. someone should copy the chevron sole and put it on a reliable boot.
JKD

Post by JKD »

Actually it DOES affect trollers a lot - you don't see many examples of other boots on the docks in SE. I was curious if anyone has current info on Chinese-version Xtratuffs and have seen any improvements since early in 2012? I am going to have to buy some new boots soon and was holding out hope that the Company would have introduced some QA/QC into the process so their boots now not only last longer but also perform as before on slippery decks and icy sidewalks. Thanks.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

Keen sandals and shoes, way better than boots for me. Wear water proof socks with the sandals if you are working in a bit of spray and slime on the deck and in the cockpit. Feet smell better, breathe, less apt to get infected etc.
akfisher1978

Post by akfisher1978 »

I emailed Honeywell about the quality of the boots about 2 months ago and never got a response. I know at least one other person on this forum has done the same. They used to last me 2 years and now they are two every year plus a new pair for my 3 kids and my wife. Thats six a year. I would love to take the 3 pairs I have laying here and Fed Ex them to their corporate head quarters. I think it would be funny if we could get about 50 people to all send in theirs and their neigbors all in the same day. We could make it a South East Alaska Send Back Program!!! Can you imagine the looks on their faces as the lobby filled with old boots!