Cooking's not too far off topic, right?

A place for users to chat about non-fishing topics. No political or religious posts are allowed.
Once and Future
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cooking's not too far off topic, right?

Post by Once and Future »

Was talking about lightening the mood, and this link ought to do it for you. This isn't me in this cooking clip, but it could be.

I don't think my anti-virus software has ever caught a virus lurking at this website, not sure if that's good or bad.

http://cheezburger.com/45231361

This fellow has been called the "Greatest TV Chef of All Time", and I... well I guess... I wouldn't argue against that statement.
Abundance
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Spammer?: No

Re: Cooking's not too far off topic, right?

Post by Abundance »

Hah! That did it. We tend to get pretty inventive when supplies are low and canned salmon and potatoes begin to be less appealing then hunger. With a mother and two brothers who are professional cooks, the pressure is usually on to make something decent out of whats available. I pride myself in being able to make a good meal out of almost anything. Fortunately, its hard to mess up fresh king salmon steaks.
Garrett Hagen, F/V Abundance
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

You can afford to eat King Salmon?
Abundance
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Spammer?: No

Post by Abundance »

Hmm... lets just say they aren't worth much money for a lot of the season, and leave it at that. Its hard to miss with any salmon, really. They are all good. Try broiling a filet of salmon or halibut with a thick covering of honey a brown mustard. Or salsa. Or halibut with crushed garlic and parmesan. Or a pink or small coho baked in foil with bacon and onions. Dang it! Now I'm hungry.
Garrett Hagen, F/V Abundance