Victoria

Discussion related to commercial salmon trolling, boats, gear, fishing techniques, electronics, marketing, etc.
gumpucky

Victoria

Post by gumpucky »

P1070853.JPG
I found her in a little backroad moorage in from Newport.It's got a low hours nissan sd33.The gear was all stripped off as it was on her way to being yachted.The 3 spool gurdies and davits were with her but that was about it.I've replaced the anchor winch,stove ,deck iron and pipe,steel mast,pilot house rails,pole hinges,and davit braces are all being done in stainless steel.Not sure if I'm gonna put up new poles or go with the poles off my old boat.The interior has been stripped and new dog house built.The previous owner replaced wood that needed replacing and dolled her up a little more.It has a reputation as a salmon killer in Cal and Ore.and much tuna history so has great seaworthiness.Has a wonderful pit and almost as much hold space as my old boat but never used all the space anyway.The hold layout is much more accesible fore and aft and will lend itself well to liner and bags for chum.I stole this boat and found all the gear and electronics either locally or on ebay for a dime on the dollar.This thing is coming together on it's own pretty much,I'm just there to put the pieces together,kinda spooky.
Brackets are now on and the staby poles are temporary to get me up to Sitka.
Last edited by gumpucky on Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Angie

Re: Victoria

Post by Angie »

Hah!! That's funny, I thought you were our friend in Alaska at first--we call him gumpucky sometimes! Speedy luck with your project, it would be cool to keep us posted on the work you do to it and/or maybe see some "after" pics when you are through.