Transiting B.C.

Discussion related to commercial salmon trolling, boats, gear, fishing techniques, electronics, marketing, etc.
gumpucky

Transiting B.C.

Post by gumpucky »

The first time I did the inside passage was on my sailboat and I remember having to check in with Can. customs in White Rock.I'm going to be making the trip again next spring when I bring the new boat up to it's new home.I'm not sure of the procedures for commercial boat passage through Canada.I remember hearing com. boats calling in for clearance numbers and not having to come in and clear but that was 10 years ago and things have changed.Has anybody on the forum done this recently and have a few tips?
Carol W

Re: Transiting B.C.

Post by Carol W »

I think the big change is going to be coming back into U.S. you will need a passport.
Jon
Spammer?: No

Post by Jon »

Do you know when they are going to start requiring a passport? I know you need one now to fly in or out but I was able to get in two weeks ago on the ferry and a Passport wasn't required yet.
Carol W

Post by Carol W »

Not sure I am in BC right now and going across border in about an hour and a half I will ask if i remember,,hey Jon can you resize the pics I put on yesterday
gumpucky

Post by gumpucky »

Guess they were required for ground crossings a couple days ago.Got my pass port last year but didn't need it for border crossing only customs at airports.
Jon
Spammer?: No

Post by Jon »

Carol W wrote:hey Jon can you resize the pics I put on yesterday
Sure, all done.