Antennae for NobelTec

Discussion related to commercial salmon trolling, boats, gear, fishing techniques, electronics, marketing, etc.
akfish1
Spammer?: No

Antennae for NobelTec

Post by akfish1 »

I purchased the NobelTec last year but stupidly bought the cheap USB Antennae. I want to get a good one this week so any input would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
estherisle

Re: Antennae for NobelTec

Post by estherisle »

I use a furuno gp-32. I lost my computer and was still able to finish my halibut trip with just the charts and gps.
akfish1

Post by akfish1 »

So is it a USB connector or need to get some type of converter? Thanks!
akfish1

Post by akfish1 »

I see thats your GPS model. I know Furuno makes Antennaes also. I have a handheld with charts plus navionics on my phone but get tired of losing signal on my NobelTec.
estherisle

Post by estherisle »

its connected to a laptop on my boat running nobeltec. it uses a 9 pin connector
curmudgeon
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by curmudgeon »

Dave, I'm using one of these with my Nobeltec. Works great: http://www.fisheriessupply.com/rose-poi ... gps-sensor
It might be that one of the outside mountable ones like this would be better: http://www.fisheriessupply.com/rose-poi ... -with-waas
They're both WAAS enabled so the accuracy is within several feet most of the time. I just stuck mine up on the window sill behind the rudder-angle indicator and it seems to pick up the satellites okay there.
akfish1

Post by akfish1 »

Thanks Mike I will check those out!