$10.00 insurance, and other useful tips

Discussion related to commercial salmon trolling, boats, gear, fishing techniques, electronics, marketing, etc.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: $10.00 insurance, and other useful tips

Post by Salty »

Here is a quick tip on lubing your fuel tank caps. Since you already have your latex disposable gloves on for fueling just go back to your gurdies and dip a finger in the grease build-up around the spools, rub that grease on the threads and inside of the cap. Quick way to remember to grease those caps so they are easier to remove and helps seal them up.
yak2you2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by yak2you2 »

Don't forget to grease your pulleys once in a while, especially those of us cranking by hand,. Makes life a lot easier. Seems like one of the things that is easily forgotten about.
yak2you2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by yak2you2 »

Fellow fishermen; It's a new era, please save this number in your cell phone. 1-800-478-5555. This is the Alaska emergency number to the U.S. Coast Guard. Calling it is the equivalent of putting out a mayday on channel 16. There's a number of reasons why channel 16 might not be an option for you, and it's good anywhere with cell service. Be safe this summer!
ironpaso
Spammer?: No

Post by ironpaso »

Yak, I am glad you posted this number even though I am not up there with you guys yet. This new post has allowed me to read all those earlier posts and tips. Lots of good stuff, especially the co 2 detectors, and some great ideas about pumps. I like the Honda gas pumps as well they are very reliable. Harry
thediverdude
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Spammer?: No

Post by thediverdude »

That number for Alaska only? Work in California?
yak2you2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by yak2you2 »

478 is the 800 prefix for Alaska. I called once to test, I know it works here, I dont know about elsewhere. If not, I imagine each region has it's own number.