Flashers

Discussion related to commercial salmon trolling, boats, gear, fishing techniques, electronics, marketing, etc.
Crawfish
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Spammer?: No

Flashers

Post by Crawfish »

In the spirit of ion trails and other random electrical theories. Do you think the flashers with the Echip are marketing hype or valid producers.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Flashers

Post by Salty »

Marketing hype.
Drew

Post by Drew »

Now maybe if you had 50/50 metal flashers or alternated flashers of different types of metal?
elhewman

Post by elhewman »

I always wondered about those flashers. I have not used them in any quantity to form an opinion.
Lulu

Post by Lulu »

Jury is out for me. I've tried flashers with dissimilar metal, but didn't really give them a fair shake. I've seen and read about the gear with LED lights and sounding mechanisms. Not sure they'll work and don't know anyone I respect that has tried them. Right now I'm staying with red hot spots with silver mylar.

Really interested to know if the new technologies produce.
Scotthmt

Post by Scotthmt »

I used some last year, I removed the chip though. They work alright, true hotspots may work a bit better. I have a friend who uses them and he likes them, but he's far from a highliner. I have another friend who used them and says hotspots definitely outfish them. I think this year I am going to stick with real hotspots. My .02