Bottom Paint

Discussion related to commercial salmon trolling, boats, gear, fishing techniques, electronics, marketing, etc.
Lulu
Spammer?: No

Bottom Paint

Post by Lulu »

I'm blasting the bottom and starting over. When I went to buy the anti-fouling paint I learned that Trinidad Pro is not available in my area. My distributor told me that the west coast dock strike has Pettite's production line shut down. Their raw materials are shitting on ships waiting to be unloaded. I was told by the distributor that it could take months to re-supply the distribution chain after the dock strike ends. The newspaper says that a tentative agreement has been agreed, but it will take months to clear the back log.

I called Pettite's technical service desk who confirmed the situation and discussed some options. We didn't talk about Z-Spar or some of the other products Pettite makes. You may find your bottom paint is available in your area, not certain if other manufacturers are as impacted. Point is, "buy your bottom paint now!" You may be on ways without any paint to finish the job if you wait.

Just-in-time manufacturing methods are very cost effective as long as the supply chain works.
Crawfish
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Bottom Paint

Post by Crawfish »

You hauled out right now?
Lulu

Post by Lulu »

Yep, took five days for the sand blaster to finish, I budgeted 3. Sprayed the first coat of 302H yesterday. Have one more coat of 302 today, 2 coats of 235, and then the bottom paint. Hope to slash down in a week if the welder gets his ass in gear and patches the holes he cut in my boat. I wanted the patches done before we started painting. This is a real exercise in patience which I don't have a lot of.
actionalaska

Post by actionalaska »

Where are you hauled at
Lulu

Post by Lulu »

Santa Cruz, CA Nice little harbor. New management. Let me do whatever I need. Weather is perfect because it is protected. They have a 50 metric ton lift. Lots of eye candy as a bonus.