Who makes or made the best sea boat under 40'

Discussion related to commercial salmon trolling, boats, gear, fishing techniques, electronics, marketing, etc.
Kelper
Spammer?: No

Re: Who makes or made the best sea boat under 40'

Post by Kelper »

It looks to me that it'd take a fair amount of glass work to get that boat trolling again. It's been for sale for awhile now, so who knows, they might be willing to work with the price. 44' C&Ms don't come up to often, and they sure aren't building anymore of them.
Crawfish
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Spammer?: No

Re: Who makes or made the best sea boat under 40'

Post by Crawfish »

If was in the cards that boat would be mine. Unfortunately it's not. Let's see 200 K for the boat 75 K for permits 50 K for miscellaneous what am I up to now 325 K. I have not even bought wire yet.

Best riding boat bucking into it I have been on under 40 was a Downeast Style 32 lobster boat. It cut through the chop like a destroyer. Fine entry bow with lots of flare at the cap it was a sweet riding boat for going into it. A following sea well that was a different story, it wasn't the worst but not the best when it was a tight 8 foot plus you would have to hand steer. Going down hill the best was a 32 double ended Monterey with a straight stem bow. None of the small boats I have been on have done better in the trough when it's choppy every thing has always been on the floor or flying around inside the cabin.