Commercial Salmon Trolling Forum

Float bags

Buy or sell fishing gear, engines, hydraulics, gurdies, parts, or anything else related to commercial fishing vessels.

Re: Float bags

Postby tunaddict » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:46 am

Float bag update. After acting like a production company since I put this add up. I Just finished all the pieces for the first dozen orders. I found boxes to ship them in, which was a major task. Picking them up today. I will be contacting people thru out this week to confirm shipping info for a small truck load of deliveries on fri. Thanks for all the orders, I think
tunaddict

Postby tunaddict » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:24 am

Delayed shipping. I showed my Dad these bags I have recreated, looking for a little praise I guess. As a father he said nice job. As a retired fisherman, he made a suggestion. Crap. His idea made the nut and bolt heads disappear from the top mechanisms. So because I want these to be the best and most durable out there. I am redoing the top pieces of wood. Sorry for delays, still should start shipping soon. Looking forward to some responses as to what other guys think of these. Thanks
tunaddict

Postby tunaddict » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:11 pm

Shipping Day has arrived. Will ship first batch out on Wed morning. Sorry again for delays. Thanks
tunaddict

Postby JKD » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:16 am

Check your PMs, Don. It looks like you may have gotten me confused with another fellow's order.
JKD

Postby fvbounty » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:04 am

I would love to get a 50lb set of these floats, but I'm a new member here and can't pm anyone yet, so if you could get a email to me at fvbounty@comcast.net I would appreciate it!
fvbounty

Postby Johnnyt707 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:55 pm

just got mine in the mail havent towed them yet but they appear to be nice and well thought out.
Johnnyt707

Postby fvbounty » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:40 am

Johnnyt707 wrote:just got mine in the mail havent towed them yet but they appear to be nice and well thought out.

What size did you order? I just ordered the 4's, hope they work as well as they look?
fvbounty

Postby Johnnyt707 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:03 pm

i ordered a set 0f #2 shear and #3 straights
Johnnyt707

Postby fvbounty » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:01 am

Johnnyt707 wrote:i ordered a set 0f #2 shear and #3 straights

Thanks for the info, how's the build quality, it looks great in the pictures? Are you going to put a piece of tubing on the parts that clamps on the wire?
fvbounty

Postby Johnnyt707 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:51 pm

quality looks good. no im not gonna put any tubing on the clamps.
Johnnyt707

Postby tunaddict » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:10 pm

Hey just a thought. The tubing is not a bad idea if you think it will protect the wire. I don't think its necessary, but cant hurt. The latches are heat bent, so they are tempered. I can say that because once heated they were hard as hell to cut with a band saw. They will not wear. They are going to be much tougher than the brass style. The ends are not meant to clamp tight to the wire. they just hold the wire to the board. The pressure plate in the middle holds the wire in place. I'm even going to make #5's and try them myself. We can now get 70 lb cannon balls here on the Ore. coast, so I thought I would try it. That is if I ever get to go this year. We are trying to get the bags in our marine stores here, but their mark up is ridiculous. I'm on the fence about that, so we'll see.
tunaddict

Postby fvbounty » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:01 am

tunaddict wrote:Hey just a thought. The tubing is not a bad idea if you think it will protect the wire. I don't think its necessary, but cant hurt. The latches are heat bent, so they are tempered. I can say that because once heated they were hard as hell to cut with a band saw. They will not wear. They are going to be much tougher than the brass style. The ends are not meant to clamp tight to the wire. they just hold the wire to the board. The pressure plate in the middle holds the wire in place. I'm even going to make #5's and try them myself. We can now get 70 lb cannon balls here on the Ore. coast, so I thought I would try it. That is if I ever get to go this year. We are trying to get the bags in our marine stores here, but their mark up is ridiculous. I'm on the fence about that, so we'll see.

The plastic tubing wouldn't hurt, my old Scottys have a plastic clip on them to protect the wire....you should have my check today, can't wait to get them!
fvbounty

Postby Furuno » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:55 pm

Just got mine. Haven't fished them yet, but they look great. Quality looks very good. Thanks for making a quality piece of fishing gear!
Furuno

Postby JKD » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:39 pm

Please give me a follow-up call on my cell number. Thanks.
JKD

Postby fvbounty » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:28 am

Has anybody been able to get a hold of tunaddict, I can't PM him says he's not a member, haven't got my floats yet....just wondering???????????????????
fvbounty

Postby joeman79 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:09 pm

I have received several Pms from Don.
joeman79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Once and Future » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:35 pm

Bounty: Just scroll up this page until you see "tunaddict" in blue. Left click on it. A new page will come up. Look down a few lines, and you will see a link to click if you want to send him a pm. Although, didn't he say something about being gone fishing, and people should contact someone else in his absence?
Once and Future
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby fvbounty » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:59 pm

Thanks guys, I did get a hold of Don, and he's been having trouble with the site....hopefully he'll get it straightened out!
fvbounty

Postby fvbounty » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:19 am

Don if you can call me you sent the wrong floats, you sent me a set of sharing #4 with the name Last Wish on them, you had another person's name with my address on the box? Mine are supposed to be #4 straight!
fvbounty

Postby fvbounty » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:37 pm

Is there a Ted Lorenz here and is your boat name Last Wish I have your sharing floats, and you probably have my straight #4's with yellow paint...
fvbounty

PreviousNext

Return to Fishing Gear & Parts