Commercial Salmon Trolling Forum

Float bags

Buy or sell fishing gear, engines, hydraulics, gurdies, parts, or anything else related to commercial fishing vessels.

Re: Float bags

Postby fvbounty » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:45 pm

OK I didn't want to do this, but do not buy floats from Don....what a absolute disaster, I've called him about 10 times he never calls back, He must be seeing my calls, 510 area code and won't pick up, I had a friend call him in his state and he picked up right away....he sent me the wrong floats (look at the post above), I hope there's another reason for him not replaying to my calls or PM's but at this point I give up...I have a set of his floats...#4 sharing that has the name of Last Wish on them that I would like to get get rid of for $390 delivered.... bought a ton of stuff online and this is the worst. Ken Hill, F/V Bounty....
fvbounty

Postby Hans2 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:12 pm

I have to say I'm surprised by this. My deal with Don went exactly as planned. In fact, in spite of it bring less convenient for everybody, he arranged for me to pick up the floats at the shop he and his buddy Jeff fabricated them up at in Olympia. I never met Don in person, but we spoke on the phone for a bit and discovered we knew a lot of the same fellows. I believe he is working on his boat full time now and might be harder than normal to get ahold of. Granted, it would be frustrating that you can't get ahold of him.
Would you mind if I reached out to Jeff at the shop on your behalf to see if there was a mix up at his end that could be fixed relatively easily? Our community is too small to sell a reputation that cheaply, and I think Don knows that... You can PM me some details if you'd like.
Chris
Hans2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby fvbounty » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:42 am

Hans2 wrote:I have to say I'm surprised by this. My deal with Don went exactly as planned. In fact, in spite of it bring less convenient for everybody, he arranged for me to pick up the floats at the shop he and his buddy Jeff fabricated them up at in Olympia. I never met Don in person, but we spoke on the phone for a bit and discovered we knew a lot of the same fellows. I believe he is working on his boat full time now and might be harder than normal to get ahold of. Granted, it would be frustrating that you can't get ahold of him.
Would you mind if I reached out to Jeff at the shop on your behalf to see if there was a mix up at his end that could be fixed relatively easily? Our community is too small to sell a reputation that cheaply, and I think Don knows that... You can PM me some details if you'd like.
Chris

Trust me Chris the last thing I wanted to do is make that post, and being busy is part of the game, I'm hauled out right now so I'm a little busy too, I've been trying to get a hold of Don since March 11th...I sent you a PM and thanks in advance for any help!
fvbounty

Postby ironwood1 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:27 am

Hey Guys
This is Ironwood1 AKA Geoff
I am the fabricator that will be making the float bags in Don behalf. I have not been given any access to the PM message capability being the new subscriber.
I can receive PM's just cannot reply.fvbounty if you could PM me with a number I will call you to get this squared away. Don was going to put up new postings for the float bags with my contact info, but the last I talked to him he had to hall his boat out with major problems.
So P me and I will get it taken care of.
Thanks, Geoff
ironwood1

Postby joeman79 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:07 am

Ken,
I just sent you a PM with Don's new helpers phone number he wants to get you what you ordered. Remember this is new to Don and he is getting his boat ready also. Aint like he meant for it to happen or wants bad publicity. We are all human and make honest mistakes.
joeman79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby fvbounty » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:23 pm

Thanks guys, got every thing figured out, my new floats are on there way....for what its worth the floats I did receive they are really nice....ken
fvbounty

Postby joeman79 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:52 am

Glad you have thin gs going in the right direction
joeman79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby fvbounty » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:31 am

joeman79 wrote:Glad you have thin gs going in the right direction

Thanks to you!
fvbounty

Postby JKD » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:46 am

Ironwood1 - I was glad to hear that Don has someone stepping-up to get his backlog taken care of. I just sent you a PM - please give me a call at the cell number I listed for you. Thanks in advance, Geoff. Joe
JKD

Postby joeman79 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:48 am

My fishing Buddy just received my Floatbags and said he was very impressed by the quality!! Thanks Don and Geoff!!
joeman79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby gumpucky » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:36 am

Don was gracious enough to hand deliver my floats to me because of a holdup in design he wanted to make sure was taken care of before he signed off on em....Thinkin the guy is straight up and wants to make sure his customers are happy. BTW the quality is there.
gumpucky

Postby Once and Future » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:22 am

My floats were lost in shipment to SE 6 weeks ago. Don was unable to get to the bottom of it in the window of time he gave himself. I got in touch with Ironwood as per the posts above and gave him my story. He understands, but currently he cannot contact Don because Don's voice mailbox is full. He has to wait for Don to call him. They can't tell me where my floats are now. Ironwood doesn't have the tracking number.

I paid in advance because I didn't want to use Paypal. Sometimes you take a chance in a small community. Ironwood sounded helpful, and I expect this will get resolved properly. But this is aggravating. It just shouldn't be this hard.
Once and Future
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby JKD » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:43 am

My floatbags arrived here in Juneau yesterday. . .thanks for your help, Geoff. I am impressed with the quality of work and now I am looking forward to trying them out in a few weeeks. They make me wonder why we are paying as much as we are for the current crop of production floatbags. Some quality competition will be welcomed by the troll fleet.
JKD

Postby kjwelder » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:26 am

Does anyone have a new set of these float bags in Sitka that I could look at?
kjwelder

Postby JKD » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:53 am

kjwelder - I sent you a PM.
JKD

Postby fvbounty » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:13 am

Got the right float bags yesterday and it took a while but they are worth the wait.....thanks Don and Geoff
fvbounty

Postby tunaddict » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:07 am

Hi folks. This is Megan, Don's daughter. I will be assisting in whatever way I can. Long story short, Don is out fishing, did not realize his voicemail was full. (Not to mention his usual deckhand, my brother, broke his leg in two places last week and had surgery yesterday, so the girls of the house have been focused on that!) As you all know, the reception out in the ocean is not great to begin with and I would suspect that it is probably why some calls where not even seen in the first place. We have just gotten in touch with him today, and will continue to sort out the issues until resolution. For now, you may either contact Geoff, or you may PM this account, and we will make sure that your concerns and issues are heard and resolved.

Thank you very much,
Megan.
tunaddict

Postby Once and Future » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:45 am

My update is that Geoff had to make a new set of floats for me because he could not contact Don to find out what happened to the old set. I am out of town right now, but my friend in Wrangell says he has received the set of floats and they look good.
Once and Future
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby Furuno » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:12 pm

I've been using my new floats for the past month. Very happy with the quality and workmanship. Also, the price was right!
Furuno

Postby joeman79 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:03 pm

Really Love my new floatbags!!! Only issue is locknuts on handle seems to tighten up frequently but no big deal. Carved out hand holds and got along great.
joeman79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Fishing Gear & Parts