Commercial Salmon Trolling Forum

PERLON Monofilament Spools

Buy or sell fishing gear, engines, hydraulics, gurdies, parts, or anything else related to commercial fishing vessels.

PERLON Monofilament Spools

Postby JKD » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:19 am

Back when Kolstrand used to sell troll gear, we would buy a certain amount of "Perlon" brand monofilament leader material that came on plastic spools. After you had used the leader material, the empty spools were very handy for storing made-up leaders, with different lengths or pound-test leaders being stored on separate spools. I was curious if anyone has some of these Perlon spools lying around that they would be willing to sell? I intend to build a leader "dispenser" for back by my troll cockpit and even a half-dozen Perlon spools would work very well for this project. I have tried using the current Momoi, Jinkai, Yama, and Super Star line spools, but would prefer to use the old Perlon spools because they are larger in diameter and have a narrower width. Thanks.
JKD

Re: PERLON Monofilament Spools

Postby JKD » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:17 am

I can't seem to attach a picture on here so some can see what a Perlon spool looks like (in case they have some lying around in a shop drawer or a storage locker). I have a pic of one of my spools saved on my desktop but can't get it to attach to a follow-up post. I went back and followed picture posting instructions posted by Once and Future but it's still a "no-go".
JKD

Return to Fishing Gear & Parts