Garrett Hagen

Discussion related to commercial salmon trolling, boats, gear, fishing techniques, electronics, marketing, etc.
Bdub

Garrett Hagen

Post by Bdub »

Best thoughts and prayers going out for Garrett Hagen.
JKD
Spammer?: No

Re: Garrett Hagen

Post by JKD »

I heard on AM radio news locally that the "Abundance" was found drifting with no one aboard. My thoughts are also with Garrett.
Once and Future
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Once and Future »

Here is a link to the details the Anchorage Daily News is offering:

http://www.adn.com/2013/09/23/3090241/s ... a-man.html
carojae
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by carojae »

What a bummer!
Just heard this news. I too am sending my thoughts and prayers for this young man and his family.
ata
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by ata »

Hi All:

Sending out good thoughts to Garrett and his family and friends.

Garrett is a brilliant young with a strong spirit and Alaskan skills, and the USCG is still in active search mode. Let's all hope for the best.

Here's a story with a bit more info: http://juneauempire.com/local/2013-09-2 ... behm-canal

Keep the Faith!

Dale
ATA
SilverT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by SilverT »

Thanks for posting this Bdub and for the updates. May God bless him and his family. He is one of the best and I hope he is found soon. I found this link to an update based on his friend's account.

http://chat.juneauempire.com/local/2013 ... kHp-4akqpc

Thanks again,

Lane
akfish

Post by akfish »

I dont know if you guys saw his brothers post in off topic discussions or not, I know I overlook it sometimes. Any updates?
SilverT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by SilverT »

Thanks akfish. Will post any updates there.

Lane
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

Here is hoping for the best. I certainly enjoyed Garrett's contributions to this forum and the numerous text's he sent me over the last couple of years.
Drew

Post by Drew »

Garrett told me a story of how he clubbed to death a porcupine and ate it. If anyone could make it, he could.
gumpucky

Post by gumpucky »

This is another in a series of gut wrenching tragedies for boaters in S.E. this summer. I think we get a little too comfortable out there cause we usually manage to do our business relatively disaster free. That water is not our friend. It will kill and eat you given half a chance. I know what the results would be if I went in yet I don't take simple precautions. I've been researching good industrial grade inflatable vests for me and my crew as my boat is small and at times of rough water it can be like walking a tight rope getting from the house to the pit. My deepest condolences to the family.
JKD

Post by JKD »

Check out the "Off Topic Discussion" section for comments from Garret's brother Eli. This loss comes as a shock to me even though I have spent all of my life on the water and have lost many friends to the sea. With the loss of Garrett fresh in my mind, in the last few days I find myself taking extra care in moving around my boat in rough seas, or just walking up beside the cabin to deal with my anchor. Be careful out there everyone.
yak2you2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by yak2you2 »

Damn, I've been off for a while. I just caught this on the news. Thoughts and prayers for his family, and the community of Craig. If someone would set up a donation thread, I would surely throw in.
joeman79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by joeman79 »

I was thinking the same thing to about a donation be Garrett Loved this Forum and the members. I would also throw in some money in memory of that great young Man!! I am still in shock. What a tragedy.
Joe
tkbluefin

Post by tkbluefin »

I haven't been on this site for awhile and just noticed this posting. This is very sad. I had never met Garrett face to face but conversed with him on this
forum quite a few times. Just about a week earlier he was giving me advice on shrimping. He was such a helpful person. Thoughts and prayers to his
family.
JKD

Post by JKD »

For those of you interested in more information about the loss of Garrett - go to the forum's "Off Topic Discussion" and check out the link to an interview provided by Adrian Knopps, Garrett's hunting partner. Adrian was interviewed by a reporter following his return to his home town down south.
Adrian Knopps

Post by Adrian Knopps »

My name is Adrian Knopps. I am Garrett Hagen'so friend who was with him when he died in the waters of the Behm canal last September. I have enjoyed reading the positive comments about Garrett from all of you. If you would like to hear the whole story there is an online radio interview that I did last November on public radio. So much of the newspapers embellished the facts or just got them wrong. The link is http://www.wkar.org/post/hunt-gone-wron ... wilderness