New Guy Here to SIte

A forum for people who are new to commercial fishing and for talking about the fundamental rules and regulations.
Big Chinook
Spammer?: No

New Guy Here to SIte

Post by Big Chinook »

Well after some time lurking I decided to join, this group is full of great information and I need some of it. I used to Troll Salmon in 78,79 and 1980 then went in to a career that has worked out for me. I'm going to be retiring in the next year and want to get back into fishing again. I'm one of those guys that can be on the water from daylight to dark if the ocean will let me and the work is good for me. Just purchased a 26 ft aluminum boat with outboards in a 225 and 15 hondas and they are brand new. Also just got and Oregon troll permit. Will be fishing mainly from Brookings to Garibaldi. Just starting to setup boat now for commercial fishing and will be looking for poles to stabilizers, fishing gear, hydraulics and gurdies, the works. So if you see or know of things best to put on boat, then I would greatly appreciate any help. Will be asking some general questions in near future and I'm looking forward to talking to a lot of you on this site.
Big Chinook

Re: New Guy Here to SIte

Post by Big Chinook »

Sorry I ended with to of the same post, but now have figured out.
lone eagle

Post by lone eagle »

I have a set of aluminum poles...29' but you could cut them shorter...located in Charleston, just tore up a boat. davits gurdies etc
lone eagle

Post by lone eagle »

And anchor winch, longline haulers, crab block/davit, stabes, autopilot, hydraulic tank, pump, aluminum mast, .....
Cfood

Post by Cfood »

Can I ask what kind of anchor winch you have to offer?