documentation

A forum for people who are new to commercial fishing and for talking about the fundamental rules and regulations.
Breadline
Spammer?: No

documentation

Post by Breadline »

I have spent the last 3 months rebuilding my 32' monterrey clipper and just as im closing in on the finish line, I learn more about documentation requirements. This hull was built by puget sound boat works and finished off by the original owner. It has gillnetted in puget sound in years past, but has never been documented, nor do I suppose can ever be because of there being no way to provide the build evidence. At 32', the coast guard site suggested that it is going to be over 5 tons and therefore going to have to be documented to fish commercially. I have ak numbers, adf&g numbers, and everything else, but now im worried about getting boarded and going to court. Am i screwed? Do I have to spend a load of money that I dont have to get ad measured like a canadian boat twice my size to prove Im under 5 tons?
Thanks
lone eagle

Re: documentation

Post by lone eagle »

My observations from the lower 48. There are some really big Canadian seiners fishing the waters pretending to be less than 5 tons...I see them every day. I think they are first on the firing line if the feds mean business
Breadline

Post by Breadline »

Thanks lone eagle, that helps ease the paranoia.
capt.ron01

Post by capt.ron01 »

if the boat keel was built in the us you can document it. you now the builder so just use the simplified form. any boat will be boarded at any time so don't be to worried about it if you are up to specs.
listening to the red's snicker, taunting me as they go upstream.