Fish Price

Discussion related to commercial salmon trolling, boats, gear, fishing techniques, electronics, marketing, etc.
Once and Future
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fish Price

Post by Once and Future »

I pulled the plug early on my summer King season due to low prices/uncertain closing date. This no idea of when the closure will come makes it impossible to decide whether to load back up with ice and head out, for fear of a closure announcement the same day I do that.

But pricing is the main problem. I sold at PP and am wondering if I gave much up by not selling at a tender on the grounds. If anyone who sold their summer Kings to a tender would care to Private Message me with what they got paid per pound, I would appreciate it.

The current pricing on Coho has me doubtful as to whether I will be fishing them this year - or ever again.
Kelper
Spammer?: No

Re: Fish Price

Post by Kelper »

I sold at noon on opening day to Philips here in Craig, and they gave me $2.75 for large reds, and $2.25 for mediums. Buck a pound for cohos.
Drew

Post by Drew »

If you fish out of Craig you should really join the co-op. Craig fish is such a horrible buyer. Prices down south between ecp and Trident are the worst in southeast and are always the first to drop and last to bump.
Once and Future
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Joining the co-op is easier said than done.
Breadline

Post by Breadline »

Wow, i got $ 3.50 for the large, 3.00 for the smalls from two different buyers around cross sound. That was down from last year.
Once and Future
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not sure why there is a difference in price between the North and the South of Southeast Alaska, but I have had two reports verifying that now. I would like to hear what the tenders on the outside were paying who represent Sitka Sound Seafoods, and what the co-op opened at.

I think it's better to discuss these things via Private Message as you can include more details. Also, if I am going to name a company and what they are paying, I feel I should include my name. However, I have learned some hard lessons about posting my name on the internet. But I am happy to share what I got paid with anyone willing to PM me and exchange names there.