I'm brand new

A forum for people who are new to commercial fishing and for talking about the fundamental rules and regulations.
Akoutfitter
Spammer?: No

I'm brand new

Post by Akoutfitter »

I have always wanted to commercially troll for salmon. I live in Kodiak and have a welding business here. I stay very busy. Problem is its all I have done most of my life. I'm very close to buying my first troller and I am in the market for a power troll permit as well. I would like to part time crew a boat if you guys know of any one that does that or if that's even possible. I have had my own business for 12 years and would like to keep it going here. I have my captains license and sport fish guided years ago. That was not for me as clients tended to frustrate me. Any one have any thoughts or ideas on the best way to get started in the trolling industry that would be much appreciated. I.E. things that you guys did or wished you had done. Thanks in advance.
Lulu
Spammer?: No

Re: I'm brand new

Post by Lulu »

Talk your way onto a boat as crew. There's so much to learn. The only way to get started is to watch someone with experience.
carojae
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: I'm brand new

Post by carojae »

Is this post still valid?