Spread Box Design?

A forum for people who are new to commercial fishing and for talking about the fundamental rules and regulations.
Flyer
Spammer?: No

Spread Box Design?

Post by Flyer »

I'm a new member to this board, and I'm looking to build some new boxes for my spreads. Would anyone mind sharing pics of theirs? Any advice on do's and don'ts will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Spread Box Design?

Post by Salty »

IMG_3825.JPG
You can see the gear setter in the back ground. If someone is interested I will forward more detailed pictures. We use gear setters my son invented about 10 years ago. This is actually the first one he installed. Since then they have evolved into quite sophisticated boxes/setters with slanted ramps etc. We pair them with cartridges so we can switch from chum gear to coho gear without having to redo leaders, snaps, terminal gear.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Yes, Salty please share more pics if you don't mind! I can only fish kings where I live, so I wouldn't need the cartridge setup but the setter would be very helpful. Thank you.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

September coho flashers and hootchies.jpg
September coho flashers and hootchies.jpg (45.09 KiB) Viewed 31373 times
Gives you the basic idea.

Comes off without having to touch leader, flasher or hook.

Good luck.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Really cool... thank you!
Robot
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Robot »

Not sure if this is what you're talking about but here is a neat way to store your gear on deck without having it cluttering up you work station around the pit! (Needless to say I 'grew up' on a small boat) you can make them as big or small as you want. This one the leaders are halved back on them selves. You could easily make it to stretch out a full length king leader, what ever your chosen length may be.
Also, not my gear in the cabinet.
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG
image4.JPG
Hope this helps any and all!

Cheers
Lulu

Post by Lulu »

Salty always has the neat stuff. I simply have a Rubbermaid tote with some old troll wire threaded through one side. I snap the A-kay on the troll wire, feed the leader and flasher into the tote, and hang the hook next to the A-Kay.