Weather App

Discussion related to commercial salmon trolling, boats, gear, fishing techniques, electronics, marketing, etc.
joeman79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Spammer?: No

Weather App

Post by joeman79 »

While sitting on the dock waiting for King Season to open we are having a discussion on weather apps. Does anyone have a favorite Marine Weather App? One that shows forecasted wind direction etc. Any suggestions or opinions appreciated.
Jackson

Re: Weather App

Post by Jackson »

"Windy" app
Brother Dave

Post by Brother Dave »

I think he means windytv.com and it's fairly useful but a guy in KTN also mentioned something I hadn't thought of...while not an app, a guy can use http://weather.gc.ca/marine/forecast_e. ... teID=03300 as a check against windytv. It's the environment canada weather and if the Wx is moving north it gives you a few hours notice for what's coming our way in SE Ak.

I mainly just go to the NOAA marine point forecast and browse around a few locations at a fairly tight zoom and make my plans accordingly. http://www.nws.noaa.gov/os/marine/point.htm

Type in city, state in the upper left search box and when the map pulls up just click on the areas that interest you. The detailed forecasts are pretty decent.
carojae
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by carojae »

I agree with Jackson. The Windy app is excellent.

ps they changed the name a couple months ago from windyty to just windy.
Brother Dave

Post by Brother Dave »

Ah, good to know
boeing377

Post by boeing377 »

Windy TV is excellent and they keep adding useful features in newer versions. I've tried dozens of weather apps and this is my favorite hands down.