Ingvald Ask, F/V Agile has died

Discussion related to commercial salmon trolling, boats, gear, fishing techniques, electronics, marketing, etc.
Einar
Spammer?: No

Ingvald Ask, F/V Agile has died

Post by Einar »

Hi folks,
Feel free to direct this to a proper location. If there were a history section, this is where I would put it.

I discovered that John Clauson died from reading this group, so I thought I would share that my dad, Ingvald Ask, has died at 96. Those two were oldtimers in Pelican a long time ago.

Anyway, you can read something about Ingvald at
http://friendlyviking.com/
and that links to youtube videos he recorded 8 years ago talking about his old photos - so there are some old trolling photos in there. Maybe you will recognize some names.

I apologize if this post is improper. I'm just a huge fan of trollers and trolling history for some reason. I figure somebody would like to know.

Best,
Einar Ask
JKD

Re: Ingvald Ask, F/V Agile has died

Post by JKD »

Hi Einar - I'm sorry to hear this news about your Dad. What a life he led. I enjoyed working with him when I joined the group he coded with in his last few years of trolling. It was quite a cast of "characters": Gordie Issacsson on the Castaway, Stan Reddekopp on the Carol Ann, Glen Mielke on the Tarka, Frank Koch on the Hope, and Ing on the Agile. Glen is now the last of the original group, and I just called him up in Haines and gave him the news.

I'll check-out the site. Thanks for passing along this information. I think of Ing when I see the Agile out on the grounds - he was a fine man and a damned good fisherman.
Einar

Post by Einar »

Thanks JKD for calling Glen. Yes, that was quite the cast of characters! Please say hi to Glen next you talk with him. I' m glad I got to experience trolling through the seventies. Long seasons. Oldtimers from WAY back telling funny stories on the radio. Good memories, and always flat calm, warm and sunny. :)

Einar
jjlalaska

Post by jjlalaska »

I am a puget sound guy who has now lived in Anchorage for almost 40 yrs. travel the state with work and get to SE a lot. Always walk the docks. Maybe 10 yr ago I was walking them Sitka and stopped to talk with invalid. He invited me aboard the Agile, served me coffee and maybe vanilla wafers!

Still remember today our conversation, I think he had run the boat up alone in the spring. He got up and down the stairs better than I did.

Looking forward to watching the second video. Thanks