2009 trolling season

Post photos or movies of trollers, fish, scenery, whatever you've got related to trolling.
hunterh13
Spammer?: No

2009 trolling season

Post by hunterh13 »

I fished in craig and sitka in 2009 heres a few pics of the summer:
the searcher is a petersburg boat i fished on. this is at he camp island dock in sea otter sound.

Katlian
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: 2009 trolling season

Post by Katlian »

My first seine job was on the Searcher. It that was the last year that she seined. It brings back alot of memories. And reminds me that I am still a greenhorn punk at heart.

slr
gumpucky

Post by gumpucky »

Nice shots, really like the buck shot.
SilverT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by SilverT »

Thanks for posting. Those were great and agreed, the buck pic is nice. Sure enjoyed talking with you on the dock and wish you the best this year.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

When I talked to you in Elfin Cove last summer you were not sure whether you were going to troll again. Coming back at it?

Nice pictures, I really liked the one of the flasher and the Chinook.
hunterh13

Post by hunterh13 »

Salty you probably saw Joe in elfin cove i had to leave sitka around the middle of august for school so didnt get to make it up that far.. He's thinking about seining this year and crabbing i believe in petersburg but he's not sure. I'm going to captain my own troller in Craig this summer and see how I do. My name is Hunter by the way. Ive been trolling since i was little with my mom whos been trolling in craig since '79 i think so she knows her stuff but due to her radiology job now in kodiak she can only troll a few weeks a year. I took a year off trolling to gillnet in larsen bay on kodiak island and longline in craig but always miss trolling.
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

So, your mother was running a troller out of Craig? I think I may have met her at a Board of Fisheries meeting some time ago. My good friend Troy Thain is the wrestling coach in Craig.
hunterh13

Post by hunterh13 »

I know troy thain well my dads friends with him, my dad is Lewis Hiatt who used to manage jt browns in craig my moms name is patti hiatt she has the "Hollis C" now but has had various boats
Salty
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Salty »

What was gillnetting in Larson Bay like?
hunterh13

Post by hunterh13 »

It wasnt too bad. lots of work cause they use not hydraulics or anything. lots of closures though the karluk river had a low return or kings and sockeye. we got about 10,000 pounds of humpies in one net and almost sunk our holding skiff. we did alright on sockeye too. cool town and canary lots of huge brown bears. it was interesting to learn something new like that picking fish and all that. no cleaning so that was nice just bled them out and worked in skiffs stayed in a cabin at night and delivered each day and check the nets probably 3 times on an average day of fishing. Mending the nets is not very fun haha takes a long time
Carol W

Post by Carol W »

Good to know that Pretty Patty Perfect's boy is going fishing on the Hollis C, I always enjoyed listening to your mom on the radio.
hunterh13

Post by hunterh13 »

haha yeah my mom is one of a kind. she'll be fishing kings this year with me then i'll take over so i'm looking forward to it.
sims91

Post by sims91 »

hey hunter. i finally got on here. those are good pics of the searcher. that was a fun summer. hopefully i can get into another boat soon. im missen trolling big time.
Sims66

Post by Sims66 »

Hey, I know that boat! Fished this boat with my family. What a great summer that was.