Courage

Discussion related to commercial salmon trolling, boats, gear, fishing techniques, electronics, marketing, etc.
SilverT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Courage

Post by SilverT »

I'm still working up the courage to to answer if a small sailboat might make a good hand troller. But, it's hard, you know? The pressure! What will all the strong, brave, cold-resistant, ocean-going, independent, self-sufficient, storm-braving, commercial salmon trollers think? It's petrifying. Paralyzing, really. What if I write the wrong thing on the forum? What if any of these brave souls visit the forum, without logging in, then tell everyone what they heard?

It could be like that time in high school when I helped... Oh, never mind, but, I was out, you know? The cool kids didn't invite me to their parties anymore. No more swimming around in circles in the pool with Sally and 36 of my closest buddies. No more bumping into each other waiting in line for the those amazing dregs. The cool kids were pretty upset with me. It almost seemed like they were afraid of something. Probably just my imagination. It still hurts.

So, after 370 views on his post and months of hand wringing, I just don't think I can respond. Perhaps one day, some brave soul with the answer, will rise from the depths of, oh, maybe... Kansas?

Dad you always said, "Give people the benefit of the doubt." I agree and If I hadn't just confessed, I'd probably lead folks to believe that like most salmon fishermen, I just had a sudden, remarkable lack of interest in trolling.
Jon
Spammer?: No

Re: Courage

Post by Jon »

Okay thanks to you going way out on a limb here (all the way back to high school!) I threw him a bone. :)
SilverT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Courage

Post by SilverT »

Jon, you're a brave man. Biff's not going to like this.